Nanny services are majorly used by the people who stay in nuclear families and both husband and wife are working. Nannies are hired because most of the parents do not like dealing with the politics of relying on any relative or the hassle of daily pickups and drop-offs at any baby care centre.
There are many nanny agencies that employ people to provide motherly care to the infants, toddlers and even the grown-up kids. Here are some good and some bad consequences of having a nanny. Let us have a look at the advantages first:
- Homely stay: Nanny Care makes a baby grow under familiar surroundings as the baby stays at home and grows up within the family wherein in the baby care centre, the child is somehow restricted. The homely stay allows a child to sleep and eat as per his/her own routine and need not have to follow any rules from the very early age.
- One-on-one care: Hiring a person to take care of your child is a great option because the child would get individual care every day. Whereas in a daycare centre it is not necessary that your child will be given priority when he/she cries or need something because there are many other kids as well whose care is the responsibility of the care centre.
- Flexibility: Scheduling is much easier with a nanny as compared to a daycare centre because such centres have their own opening and closing times and you have to reach there anyhow by the closing time to pick your child up and all this can create serious hassles in your lives.
The bad consequences or the disadvantages include:
Nanny care does have certain disadvantages or we can say limitations, making the process of hiring a nanny complicated and doubtful to trust someone and leave your child over their responsibility all day long. Let us have a look at these drawbacks of hiring a nanny:
- No back up care options: A lot of families have come across the situation that their nanny has left the job all of a sudden without any prior notice and therefore people now have started including the clause in the contract that whenever a nanny needs to leave job she has to give a prior notice of a month so that the parents can start their hunt for a new nanny for their child as a replacement.
- Less social interaction: Your child’s social interaction is somehow restricted being with his/her nanny every time. For this, you need to sign your child up for some classes and encourage the nanny to take her regularly to the classes to boost her social interaction.
Other than the above-listed there are many other advantages and disadvantages of hiring a nanny. Lack of privacy and the hassle of a lot of paperwork is something that binds the parents to rethink about hiring a caretaker for their child. Make sure you interview the candidate properly and you take in a copy of all the necessary documents before her first day at work. Also, consider employing a caretaker from well-known and reputed nanny agencies in your vicinity.