Hiring a nanny is not an easy task which you can do in a day. Lots of planning, thorough research, verification, and several other steps are needed to find the one whom you can rely for childcare and for the safety of them as well. After all, you need a caregiver who can look after your child in your absence and can meet your expectation within your budget. So, it’s the biggest challenge for parents spending several days in searching the right candidate for the nanny job in their home.
You can either search individually or can take the help of nanny agencies. Well, agencies can save you a lot of time in the searching of a good candidate. They can provide you the best match as per your need. And then you can select the most appropriate one among the candidates sent by the agency. You can also trust on them as they are pre-screened nannies and have gone through the Agencies’ interview already. Despite all these verified candidates whom an agency sends, you should also need to consider few things while looking for a nanny for childcare.
- Identify Your Needs: At first, you should make a list of all your expectations you want to look in your nanny. After making the list, you need to rank them according to priority, because, a nanny is basically for offering the childcare and will handle daily chores of children. This will help you in creating a good job description describing your needs in a precise way. If nanny’s age matters for you, then do not forget to mention it in the job description.
- Post the Job Requirement: After finalizing your needs, you need to post your job requirement on the websites of nanny agency or in local newspapers. Well, it is good to avoid searching through newspapers. Hiring the one coming from reading the classified in newspaper may be a wrong decision. You might give your kids in a wrong hand due to the lack of information about the nanny.
- Interview: You should interview the candidates, which you find good as per your needs. Interview can help you in analyzing her behavior and experience. You can check the documents for identity proof. You can also ask them about the experience and the certification if they have any. You should ask every necessary question which can help you in analyzing her characteristic.
- Reference Check: You should also ask for the references where she worked earlier. Asking past employers for their experience with that particular nanny can help you in making the decision. If the references giving you the positive reviews, then you can hire the one for your children. But, do not forget to cross check the references to avoid any type of fraud.
- Listen to Your Intuition: You have found everything perfect in a nanny as per your expectations. She is also costing you affordable, but your instinct is saying no for her. You are somewhere inside not feeling good for hiring a particular nanny despite her qualifications and experince, then drop the idea of hiring her. Sometimes listening to intuition is good for you, because she will be caregiving your kids and your kids will grow under her observation. Let your intuition decide and hire the one which cannot only fit best for the job but, can also fit in your intuition as a perfect match.