Being a single parent is not less than a punishment for a person whether he is a man or woman, because still despite of so many endorsements about the social development across the world, there are various segments in society who do not have respectful attitude towards the single parents, especially who are separated. Here it would be important to understand that the concept of single parents is not restricted on the couples who have legally separated from the court, but also those whose spouse had left them alone due to death at the early age. Although today going through the increase in number of remarriage there is decline in the number of single parents, but still there are lots of people who hesitate in marrying again. As an impact of this not only they have to cope with the traditions of the society, but also with a bunch of personal problems.
Anyhow, the common problem which both types of single parents face in their life is taking care of their children, especially who are infants or younger kids going to the school. Because as they also wish to leave any stone unturned when it comes towards looking after their children these parents also have to go out of home for earning substantial money to offer luxurious life to their kids. But as they do not have someone to look after the little ones during their absence it becomes difficult for them to manage a balance between their personal and professional life.
Interestingly, today there are lots of classifieds about the availability of nannies in the local newspapers but how to hire a nanny is the matter of concern for such parents, because a little mistake in finding the authentic nanny might put them in great trouble. If anyone is going through the same problem, then there are certain factors for him to consider, which could help them in finding a good nanny for their child.
- The best way to find the good nanny is contacting to few nanny agencies rather than contacting the one agency to whom you first. Doing this will help you in not only contacting the various nannies but also help you in understanding and differentiating the terms and conditions determined by different agencies for nannies.
- When you visit any of the nanny agencies the agency offering you the service of nannies for hire will provide you the list of nannies registered with it. After which depending upon your preferences you can select few of them and interview them personally and assess about their experience and knowledge.
- Do not hesitate while interviewing the nanny. It is seen that being single parent lots of parents hesitate in asking questions with nannies. Always remember it is the matte of your child’s safety and you should not compromise on that. If you think that the nanny you wish to hire is asking high salary beyond limitations do tell them your ability and ask them to negotiate according to your common interests.
- You should also check their references and make sure that they will be able to provide proper care to your child during your absence.
Keeping these factors will definitely help you in finding the suitable nanny for your kid with little endeavors.
Hiring a nanny for your toddler is one of the biggest decisions of your life especially when you’re a working woman. Make sure before you make a final decision, you do not leave any room for error. There are some so common mistakes that a lot of people make during the process of nanny hire. Let’s have a look at these mistakes and make sure you try avoiding these mistakes while you hire a nanny:-
• Starting the search too late: If you’re beginning with the process of hiring a babysitter just a few weeks before you head back to work, then it’s clearly too late. Finding a right person and employing her/him to care for your toddler takes a lot of time. Usually, the last minute decisions can lead you towards making wrong decisions that you’ll regret afterward. Beware! After all, it is the matter of your child’s care and safety.
• Fail to consider the needs of the entire family: The family needs are equally important but most of the parents just consider the needs and requirements of their kid. They forget about the interest s of all your family members. If you live alone, that’s not an issue, but if you live with your whole family, this point is worth considering.
• Consider fairly the nanny’s rates: There are many options when you start looking for nannies for hire. The hiring decision may vary from person to person but do not consider hiring a nanny for your kid if she is asking for a less money as compared to the one who is asking for more. Consider their charges on a fairly basic as the nanny who demands more money may have more skills, qualification, and experience as compared to the one who is asking for less money.
• Not conducting background checks: Last, but not the least. It is of much importance to conduct background checks as you have to find a nanny who is reliable and is having a fair background and past experience. Thus, before you make a final decision conduct potential checks on the candidate and evaluate her on various levels.
Having a caring nanny for your little one is not less than a boon for the family looking for a nanny to look after their kids during their absence. Therefore, when it comes to searching a perfect nanny for your kid never get mesmerized by alluring endorsements made by the nanny service providers. Because a person to whom consider suitable to take care of children in your absence is not less than a family member of your family rather than an employee. If I say that nannies are the parents of a child when his parents are out of home, then the percentage of parents arguing with me will be very less.
Therefore, now the question arises that how the parents can select the best nanny for their child from the various agencies offers the service of Nannies for hire in North West. In-fact, it is one of the vital questions, from which all parents have to undergo when they have faced the situation. Anyhow, in this regard the best way is the conventional method, i.e., asking for your known ones who at some point have hired the services of nanny for their children. Although before finalizing on any of the nannies suggested by them it would be better to meet the nanny personally and also conduct a search about her background and working experience at your end. This will help you in enjoying a mental peace, otherwise agencies offering the services of nannies have already gone through various cross checks about the background of any nanny before allowing her to work with them.
Once you are satisfied about the background of a nanny, the next thing for you to consider is the charges, Because as the nanny you appoint for your child will stay at your home will not only look after your child but will also use various facilities available at your home. Therefore, keeping all these factors in concern you should make an estimate about the payment that you will be able to pay. If you do not want to stay in your home for a whole day in that scenario you can determine her charges depending upon hourly rates.
Finally the last but not the least, as referred above that a nanny is not your employee, but like a family member and therefore it would be better to give her the same respect as you respect other members in your family. This will not help you in strengthening your relations with her, but also get her closer to your kid.
Hiring a nanny is not an easy task which you can do in a day. Lots of planning, thorough research, verification, and several other steps are needed to find the one whom you can rely for childcare and for the safety of them as well. After all, you need a caregiver who can look after your child in your absence and can meet your expectation within your budget. So, it’s the biggest challenge for parents spending several days in searching the right candidate for the nanny job in their home.
You can either search individually or can take the help of nanny agencies. Well, agencies can save you a lot of time in the searching of a good candidate. They can provide you the best match as per your need. And then you can select the most appropriate one among the candidates sent by the agency. You can also trust on them as they are pre-screened nannies and have gone through the Agencies’ interview already. Despite all these verified candidates whom an agency sends, you should also need to consider few things while looking for a nanny for childcare.
- Identify Your Needs: At first, you should make a list of all your expectations you want to look in your nanny. After making the list, you need to rank them according to priority, because, a nanny is basically for offering the childcare and will handle daily chores of children. This will help you in creating a good job description describing your needs in a precise way. If nanny’s age matters for you, then do not forget to mention it in the job description.
- Post the Job Requirement: After finalizing your needs, you need to post your job requirement on the websites of nanny agency or in local newspapers. Well, it is good to avoid searching through newspapers. Hiring the one coming from reading the classified in newspaper may be a wrong decision. You might give your kids in a wrong hand due to the lack of information about the nanny.
- Interview: You should interview the candidates, which you find good as per your needs. Interview can help you in analyzing her behavior and experience. You can check the documents for identity proof. You can also ask them about the experience and the certification if they have any. You should ask every necessary question which can help you in analyzing her characteristic.
- Reference Check: You should also ask for the references where she worked earlier. Asking past employers for their experience with that particular nanny can help you in making the decision. If the references giving you the positive reviews, then you can hire the one for your children. But, do not forget to cross check the references to avoid any type of fraud.
- Listen to Your Intuition: You have found everything perfect in a nanny as per your expectations. She is also costing you affordable, but your instinct is saying no for her. You are somewhere inside not feeling good for hiring a particular nanny despite her qualifications and experince, then drop the idea of hiring her. Sometimes listening to intuition is good for you, because she will be caregiving your kids and your kids will grow under her observation. Let your intuition decide and hire the one which cannot only fit best for the job but, can also fit in your intuition as a perfect match.