A live in nanny lives in your home, In this blog, you find all basic aspects for consideration, before hire live in or live out nannies.
Everyone thinks once in a life that he or she could have some helping hand to run their errands or look after the kids. Taking care of kids and tidying up everything is almost an impossible task for a working parent. With workplace duties, providing the best childcare becomes the difficult-to-manage task for working parents. Hence, they look for a childcare service which can look after their children when they are busy in accomplishing their work duties.
Whether you choose a nanny who come at your home daily or the one who will live with you, both are qualified to offer childcare services. And, the best part of live in nannies you can spend time with your kids or can do other household chores after arriving home with no worries of tidying up the mess created by your children. You can even leave the kid in the supervision of a nanny in night hours if any emergency occurs.
You are going to hire a live-in nanny that should be a right candidate to fit with your family. You need to look at every necessary aspect must consider before hiring a live-in nanny.
Does Your Family Okay with Entry of an Outside person at Home?
A live in nanny lives in your home, hence, how your family find it matters in making any decision. Your family might find it difficult adjusting with a new person at home. So, make sure about their comfort level, and then do further.
Can you Afford Her?
Basically, you have to pay less for a live in nanny, then a live out, but you have to offer her room and food. Do you have extra room in your home or can you afford her a room with separate bathroom and a television? Analyze your need and find your budget and then, hire a nanny so for your kids.
Does your home have extra room for a nanny?
Live out nannies can be hired easily as you don’t have any need to offer any accommodation. They come to your home for childcare, and then after completing her waking hours, she goes back to her home. She lives in her own. You don’t have to arrange the house for her. But, with a live-in nanny, you should have an extra room in your home to accommodate her. If you have the room in the home or have some separate room outside your home, then it’s okay. Otherwise, there is no sense to hire a live-in candidate for child care.
These three basic aspects everyone should consider in advance, before moving ahead in the hiring process.
Hiring a nanny is not an easy task which you can do in a day. Lots of planning, thorough research, verification, and several other steps are needed to find the one whom you can rely for childcare and for the safety of them as well. After all, you need a caregiver who can look after your child in your absence and can meet your expectation within your budget. So, it’s the biggest challenge for parents spending several days in searching the right candidate for the nanny job in their home.
You can either search individually or can take the help of nanny agencies. Well, agencies can save you a lot of time in the searching of a good candidate. They can provide you the best match as per your need. And then you can select the most appropriate one among the candidates sent by the agency. You can also trust on them as they are pre-screened nannies and have gone through the Agencies’ interview already. Despite all these verified candidates whom an agency sends, you should also need to consider few things while looking for a nanny for childcare.
- Identify Your Needs: At first, you should make a list of all your expectations you want to look in your nanny. After making the list, you need to rank them according to priority, because, a nanny is basically for offering the childcare and will handle daily chores of children. This will help you in creating a good job description describing your needs in a precise way. If nanny’s age matters for you, then do not forget to mention it in the job description.
- Post the Job Requirement: After finalizing your needs, you need to post your job requirement on the websites of nanny agency or in local newspapers. Well, it is good to avoid searching through newspapers. Hiring the one coming from reading the classified in newspaper may be a wrong decision. You might give your kids in a wrong hand due to the lack of information about the nanny.
- Interview: You should interview the candidates, which you find good as per your needs. Interview can help you in analyzing her behavior and experience. You can check the documents for identity proof. You can also ask them about the experience and the certification if they have any. You should ask every necessary question which can help you in analyzing her characteristic.
- Reference Check: You should also ask for the references where she worked earlier. Asking past employers for their experience with that particular nanny can help you in making the decision. If the references giving you the positive reviews, then you can hire the one for your children. But, do not forget to cross check the references to avoid any type of fraud.
- Listen to Your Intuition: You have found everything perfect in a nanny as per your expectations. She is also costing you affordable, but your instinct is saying no for her. You are somewhere inside not feeling good for hiring a particular nanny despite her qualifications and experince, then drop the idea of hiring her. Sometimes listening to intuition is good for you, because she will be caregiving your kids and your kids will grow under her observation. Let your intuition decide and hire the one which cannot only fit best for the job but, can also fit in your intuition as a perfect match.
Parenting is really a tough task for working couples, which lead them to look for a nanny which can look after their child. And thus, it becomes the first priority of parents. However, finding a nanny on your own is not as simple as it seems. There are lots of factors and important information you can miss during your search. Hence, it is always good to search an agency.
Start searching a good nanny agency with a good reputation in the market to refine your search for the babysitter. The agency should be a reputable one with good reviews for its services. After all, you are going to hire a stranger for looking after your kid. If you are going to take the services from an agency, then you should make sure about the reliability and credibility.
You should interview several agencies and then compare them all, according to their interview results. When you interview an agency, always ask them about the screening process and the policy. Find out about the company’s experience in this business. How much they will charge you for providing the nanny.
Benefits of hiring:
These agencies work in the benefit of families and couples who are in the need of some help for childcare.
- Hiring through an agency can save you time in the search of nanny background, qualification, work experience, etc.
- Nanny Agencies already weed out the unqualified candidates or those who cannot fit in your home, as per your requirement.
- They can help you in finding the right candidate for the nursery jobs of your kid.
- They can also help you in writing the job description for you, adding all the work responsibility you need in the nanny to work in your home.
What Nanny Agency does?
- These agencies charge a fee, but for that they will help you in finding the right match according to your desired skills and qualification.
- They do all necessary verification to find out the qualification and experience.
- Conduct a thorough research on the identity and background.
- Perform state and county criminal record check and screening test.
This guide can help you in finding a qualified and good nanny from a reputable agency.